Family Wilderness Vacation
- United States,Canada
May 30, 2014
The wish list of activities:
• Polar bear watching
• Whale watching
• Icebergs and iceberg calving
• Snowmobile ride / site seeing
• Bear watching / bears catching fish
• Dog sledding
• Camping out 1 night in the forest
• Trek with lots of flowers in landscape
• Hot springs / geysers
• White water rafting with kids
• Picnic lunch in a meadow or field of flowers
• Helicopter flights – sightseeing, glaciers, perhaps walking on glaciers and ice fields
The family does not fish – they merely wish to see wildlife and especially, experience glaciers, icebergs and nature. This is their first trip to Canada/Alaska.
A train ride would also be enjoyable. Drumheller was added in for the dinosaur factor.
There are 6 adults, ages 36 to 65, and two children (ages 9 and 6).
The accommodations required are:
• Grandparents (1 bedroom)
• Parents (1 bedroom)
• Sister (1 bedroom)
• Children (son, 9, daughter, 6) - each child could share a bedroom with the parents and grandparents
• Staff (chef), male (staff quarters or simple accommodations)
With their accommodations, they would like access to cooking facilities, preferably a gas stove top (no microwave). The family will only eat food prepared by their own chef to ensure it meets their religious dietary requirements.
The Family is strict vegetarian - no fish, seafood, meat, onions, garlic or mushrooms. They bring their cook with them to ensure that all food prepared has not come in contact with meat. if family accommodations can include a kitchen, or access to a kitchen.
the family would like to be based in a rental home, large, spacious rental home and do day trips from each location. Iceberg sightings are very important, Important enough to consider a stop over in Newfoundland.
Please note I have reached out directly to Nimmo Bay.
Thank you for advising which trip could be organized to meet the family’s needs. Feel free to suggest options and prices.
- 3 Messages
- 3 Quotes
6 Adults ,